Soldier Non-Systems (SNS) supports (worldwide) Soldier training through sustainment and operations of entrusted “non system” Training Aid Devices, Simulations and Simulators (TADSS) and programs. SNS performs life-cycle management for fielding Program Managers (PMs), Army Training Support Center (ATSC) and other strategic partners.
PM Field OPS SNS supports over 225,000 training devices worldwide using two on-going contracts:
- Warfighter FOCUS (WFF) Contract
- Artillery and Chemical Training (ACT) Contract, which is a five-year 8(a) (small business set aside) contract
WFF provides sustainment, support, and, in some cases, operation of legacy and newly fielded Tactical Engagement Simulation Systems (TESS) equipment. For the Engagement Skills Trainer 2000 (EST 2000), training support includes scenario development and operation, recording of units’ performance, and preparation of training results. For the Medical Simulation Training Centers (MSTC), training support includes sound effects, battlefield effects, the smells of war, realistic threat environments, and reaction recording. WFF also supports training data collection using internal and external field camera systems – the information it gathers is used in the preparation and presentation of the AARs for the units’ evaluation. Sustainment efforts also include installation of TESS, hardware maintenance, interaction/training of unit personnel, instrumented operations and preparation of After Action Reviews (AARs).
SNS TADSS supported by WFF:
- Air-to-Ground Engagement System II (AGES II)
- AN/PSS-14 Training Set Comprised of the Sweep Monitoring System (SMS) and Training Target Set (TTS)
- Anti-Tank Guided Missile Tactical Engagement System (ATGM TES)
- Basic Electronics Maintenance Trainer (BEMT)
- Basic Multiple Integrated Laser Engagement Systems (MILES)
- Close Combat Mission Capability Kit (CCMCK)
- Engagement Skills Trainer 2000 (EST 2000)
- Fire-Arms Training Systems (FATS)
- Improved Target Acquisition System TESS (ITAS TESS)
- Improvised Explosive Device Effects Simulator (IEDES)
- Instrumentable MILES (IMILES), consisting of the Individual Weapons Systems (IWS), Shoulder Launched Munitions (SLM), Wireless Independent Target System (WITS), Universal Controller Device (UCD), and Combat Vehicle Tactical Engagement Simulation System (CVTESS)
- Laser Marksmanship Training System (LMTS)
- Longbow Tactical Engagement Simulation System (LB TESS)
- M2A3 Bradley Adapter Kits
- Man-portable Aircraft Survival Trainer (MAST)
- Medical Simulation Training Centers (MSTC)
- MILES 2000
- MILES XXI
- Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) suite (unique WITS and Mk-19)
- Mobile Gun System TESS (MGS TESS)
- Multi-Cultural Mobile Counter-IED Interactive Trainer (MCIT)
- Non-System Training Devices (NSTD)
- Opposing Forces and OPFOR Surrogate Vehicle and Main Battle Tank Tactical Engagement Simulation Systems (Opposing Forces OPFOR SV and MBT TESS
- SBCT Vehicle Instrumentation Interface Package (VIIP)
- Simulated Area Weapons Effects/MILES II (SAWE MILES II)
- Tube-launched, Optically-tracked, Wire command-link guided Improved Target Acquisition System (TOW ITAS)
- Counter Radio Electronic Warfare, Increment 2 (CREW 2)
ACT is an 8(a) set-aside for providing worldwide Life-Cycle Contractor Support for the U.S. Army’s Air Defense, Field Artillery and Chemical Training devices. It supports more than 1,300 training devices located worldwide. These include the Call For Fire Trainer, Fire Support Combined Arms Tactical Trainer and the Chemical Agent Monitoring Simulator.
Ground TES Survey Input:
The linked survey provides input that aids PM Field OPS in management process of the Warfighter FOCUS support contract. This data will be consolidated and used to provide feedback to Warfighter FOCUS Training Alliance (WTA) and PEO-STRI in performance of said contact. Results will be complied on a monthly basis using data from these surveys and other inputs.
Please complete the associated Ground TES survey with timely and pertinent information.
Foreign Military Sales