- Opportunity Number:
- Contract Vehicle:
- STOC II
- Closing Date:
- Brief Summary:
NAICS Code: 333318 – Other Commercial and Service Industry Machinery Manufacturing
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: The Product Manager for Ground Combat Tactical Trainer (PM GCTT) has a requirement to provide Computer Based Training systems for operator and maintainer training in support of the Land Based Phalanx Weapon System (LPWS) component of the Counter - Rocket, Artillery, Mortar (C-RAM) which is a system of systems. The LPWS training systems will be used for institutional and unit training of operators and maintainers of the LPWS.
The CBT shall include all necessary Tasks and computer models for operations and maintenance of the LPWS at Ft Sill, OK and Ft Lee, VA respectively. The CBT lessons are expected to cover all primary tasks. As a result, the Government intends to procure systems with the following training requirements:
- Operator lessons associated with tasks involved in the emplacement, operation and road march of the LPWS (excludes other C-RAM systems, like radar)
- Maintenance lessons associated with tasks involved in maintenance tasks to keep the LPWS fully mission capable
- Common software models which accurately represent the LPWS and LPWS subsystems for both operator and maintenance tasks (i.e. gun system, generators, etc)
- The two environments for the CBT will be classroom (desktop) and field (ruggedized laptop)
- Appropriate software license(s)
- Technical manuals for CBT system operation and maintenance
- Cybersecurity (CS) for the CBT as a standalone system
TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS: The LPWS operator and maintenance training systems will provide the necessary system architecture, software design, functionality, user interface and instructor capabilities to meet all training requirements and tasks specified in the Statement of Work (SOW) and Specification documents.
The computer based trainer will provide operator training for the Army’s 14S Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) and the maintenance trainer will provide training for the 94T & 94M MOS’. The intent is to provide training for maintenance personnel in system operation, symptom verification, troubleshooting, fault isolation, adjustment, servicing and removal/replacement of line replaceable units (LRU’s). Upon award, it would be expected that the contractor will be responsible for the development of software models for this CBT in order to facilitate this training.
QUANTITIES (estimated): The computer hardware loaded with the CBT software is anticipated to be delivered to the following locations:
a. Ft Sill
a. Fires Center of Excellence: 2 classrooms (20 student stations and 1 instructor station)
b. Units: 12 computer based trainers
c. CASCOM: 2 labs (8 student stations and 1 instructor station)
b. Ft Lee
a. Ordnance Munitions and Electronics Maintenance School (OMEMS): 2 classrooms (7 student stations and 1 instructor station)
b. Units: 12 computer based trainers
ACQUISITION APPROACH: The Government will determine the acquisition approach and strategy based on the results from the market research.
ESTIMATED ACQUISITION DOLLAR VALUE: Approximately $3.1M
DELIVERY PERIOD: Delivery of the CBT system is expected to be fully developed and complete 15 months after contract award.
RESPONSES REQUESTED: Contractors who believe they can meet the program requirements associated with the C-RAM LPWS CBT shall submit a written response, not to exceed 12 pages, indicating their ability to meet the specific requirements outlined above. Responses should appear on company letterhead and include any applicable pricing data, related information, previous experience with CBT development and delivery (Contract vehicle specifics). All responses should include a point of contact, telephone number and an e-mail address.
The Capability Statement must include the following:
1. Identify whether or not the company is a STOC II prime
2. Describe the size of all company facilities and number of employees.
3. If your firm is a small business under NAICS Code 333318, and you are interested in participating in this acquisition, please provide feedback on the following questions:
a. Identify your Business Size Standard and, if applicable, socio-economic categories in accordance with NAICS 333318.
b. Interested Small Business Prime Contractors: Please describe how you plan to meet the limitations on subcontracting per FAR 52.219-14, Limitations on Subcontracting and how teaming to meet the overall requirements (if required) would be accomplished.
c. If you desire to be a subcontractor, please specify the areas your firm is interested in supporting
4. If your firm is a large business under NAICS Code 333318, please identify the potential subcontracting opportunities and provide your subcontracting goals.
5. Describe the dollar value and complexity of similar computer based trainer contracts performed within the past three years.
6. Describe relevant performance and technology experience with ground vehicle operator and maintenance computer based trainers to include hardware delivery, installation, classroom set up, and new equipment training. Indicate if your company can provide a demonstration of such maintenance and operator computer based trainers.
7. Describe any proposed data rights issues such as Government Purpose rights, license agreements, etc.
Responses shall be furnished electronically to the contact listed below, not later than 1:00 PM EST on March 10, 2015.
NOTICE: Contractors are advised that a determination by the Government not to compete this effort based on any responses to this notice is solely within the discretion of the Government.
DISCLAIMER: This notice does not constitute an Invitation for Bids (IFB) or a Request for Proposal (RFP) and is not a commitment by the U.S. Government to procure subject products. No funds are available to pay for preparation of responses to this notification. The Government will use any information received by the closing date of this notice to determine whether other sources are available and capable to satisfy this requirement.
Contracting Office Address:
PEO STRI Acquisition Center
12350 Research Parkway
Orlando, FL 32826-3276
- Contracts POC:
- LaTova Greene, (407) 208-5832, email@example.com
- Technical POC:
- Angela Chang, (407) 384-3844, firstname.lastname@example.org