- Contract Vehicle:
- RFP Number:
- Proposed Issue Date:
- Type of Acquisition:
- Contract Specialist:
- Contracting Officer:
- Brief Summary:
Amendment 3 - 28 July 2015
Updated Sections L&M attached -clarify 25 page limit
RFP contains Section B CLIN structure
Amendment 2 - 15 July 2015
UploadedSubmission Instructions & Evaluation Criteria(Sections L&M), Contract Data Requirements List (CDRLs), and the Data Item Transmittal Formas attachments.
Amendment 1 - 7 July 2015
Request For Proposal
Program Title:Serbia Small Arms Tactical Trainer (SATT)
Contract Vehicle: STOC II LOT I
NAICS Code: 333318
Contract Type: Firm Fixed Price (FFP) / Time and Materials (T&M)
Approximate Total Funding: $898K
The U.S. Army Program Executive Office Simulation, Training and Instrumentation is issuing this Request for Proposal for a Small Arms Tactical Trainer for the Serbian Armed Forces (SAF) to be fielded to their Peacekeeping Training and Pre Deployment Training Center (Southbase).
All responses to this Request for Proposal must be received via email by 31 July 2015 4:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time (EDT).
CLIN 0001 - Small Arms Tactical Skills Trainer ($572,000.00)
SLIN 0001AA - Small Arms Tactical Skills Trainer Hardware
Weapons Mix to be provided by the country of Serbia is as follows:
• CZ-99 pistol (12 each + 4 spares)
• M21 rifle (12 each + 4 spares)
• M21S rifle (12 each + 4 spares)
• M70 rifle (12 each + 4 spares)
• M84 machine gun (12 each + 4 spares)
System will be used for individual and squad-level marksmanship training.
• Be based on simulation of real life environments
• Not be restricted by any kind of proprietary software limited time license fees. Nevertheless a one-time fee for a permanent proprietary software license would be allowed.
• Be an existing proven product available to domestic or foreign customers with expandable capability for additional lanes as required
• Be capable of Direct simulation of weapon qualification events – Twelve (12) four foot (4’) qualification lanes shall be included
• Include individual marksmanship practice drills that include timed events and cognitive thinking drills that shall be able to adjust to an individual shooter’s ability through escalating/deescalating drill parameters for both individual and crew served weapons
• Be capable of conducting a single collective gunnery and tactical training exercises that shall be able to be performed via (Virtual Battlespace 2) VBS2 courseware along the entirety of the target engagement wall or separate tactical engagements at four engagement stations
• Provide four (4) individual training stations each capable of operating an isolated training event controlled from the Instructor Operator Station (IOS). The IOS shall include all necessary computers/servers, drives, monitors, switches, plugs, power supplies, keyboards, manuals and accessories
• Provide one (1) training station for long-range target engagement to include use of a rifle combat optic and a spotting scope in a VBS2 tactical environment
• Be scalable with plug and play components for easy upgrade/expansion of capabilities
• Include audio-visual components, projection screens, monitors, cables, accessories, computers, etc
• Include a host server with all necessary hardware, software, drives, monitors, and accessories (cables, connectors, interfaces, switches, plugs, power supplies, keyboards, adapters, manuals)
• Be compatible and interoperable with VBS2 and VBS2-Fires to enable multiple scenarios for individual and squad skills training and replication of battlefield effects that are tailorable to realistic scenarios from peacekeeping and stability operations
• Include judgmental use of force capability/scenario modules (shoot-no shoot)
• Use 220V/50Hz or dual voltage supporting 220V
SLIN 0001AA shall be priced as a FFP LOT (with unit prices identified). SLIN 0001AA will be FOB Destination with Inspection at Origin and Acceptance at Destination. Shipment of all hardware, software, manuals, and support equipment from point of origin in the United States to final destination in Serbia will be the responsibility of the contractor.
SLIN 0001AA prices shall include:
- Standard coverage for latent defects in material and workmanship from time of final acceptance in Serbia to include any export/import license fees, and cost of shipping to/from country for items covered.
- An in-plant functional confidence/operational test with the United States Government (USG) IAW agreed upon contractor-provided test plan and test procedures, in a controlled environment, will be conducted at the contractor’s facility before final DCMA acceptance.
- Operators and Maintenance manuals/quick reference cards (if available) in contractor format based on previously delivered similar effort.
- If applicable, safety labels, decals, markings, computer displays/screens, and operators/maintenance manuals will be provided in the English language.
- Integration of Customer Furnished Equipment (CFE) with the Small Arms Tactical Trainer (SATT) at the contractor’s facility in the United States
SLIN 0001AB On-site System Inventory, Installation, and Final Acceptance Testing -
SLIN 0001AB shall be priced as a FFP LOT. SLIN 0001AB will be FOB Destination with Inspection and Acceptance at Destination. SLIN 0001AB will include inventory, installation and final acceptance testing of the Small Arms Tactical Trainer at the Serbian Training Center (Southbase), using contractor’s format test procedures/checklists. Inventory, Installation, and Final Acceptance Testing must be completed before start of the New Equipment Training (NET).
Delivery for all hardware and services listed under SLINs 0001 AA / AB shall be NLT 1 October 2016
CLIN 0002 Spare Parts Package ($93,000.00) - CLIN 0002 shall be priced as a FFP LOT. CLIN 0002 will be FOB Destination with Inspection at Origin and Acceptance at Destination. Draft list of spare parts to be provided with the proposal and to be finalized before contract award. Shipment of Spare Parts from point of origin in the United States to final destination in Serbia will be the responsibility of the contractor. Spare Parts Package shall be shipped concurrently with the hardware listed under CLIN 0001.
Delivery for all spare parts listed under CLIN 0002 shall be NLT 1 October 2016
CLIN 0003: New Equipment Training (NET) and Student Demonstration ($52,000.00) - CLIN 0003 shall be priced as a FFP LOT. CLIN 0003 prices should include any required consumables required in support of NET. These consumables shall be delivered with the hardware shipment or procured on site. CLIN 0003 will be FOB Destination with Inspection and Acceptance at Destination. NET for the Small Arms Tactical Trainer will be conducted in Serbia in the English language for a maximum of ten (10) students for forty (40) hours of instruction in the Operation of the Small Arms Tactical Trainer (SATT) and forty (40) hours of instruction in the Maintenance of the Small Arms Tactical Trainer (SATT) to include student documentation/handouts, classroom instructions, and any presentation packages. Training materials and coursework will be prepared to best commercial practices using contractor’s format. Please specify number of instructors for this in-country NET. NET will be conducted NLT 30 days after arrival of the equipment to Serbia. At the conclusion of NET, a limited demonstration will be conducted by the Serbian soldiers to demonstrate proficiency in the operation and use of the Small Arms Tactical Trainer.
Delivery for all services listed under CLIN 0003 shall be NLT 1 November 2016
CLIN 0004 Contractor Logistics Support (CLS) (NTE Amount $80,000.00) – CLIN 0004 shall be priced as a T&M. CLIN 0004 will be FOB Destination with Inspection and Acceptance at Destination. CLIN 0004 provides for part time Contractor Logistics Support for a period of three (3) years to commence immediately after conclusion of the in country NET/Student Demonstration. CLS will consist of one (1) technician traveling to Serbia for a total six (6) weeks of support throughout the three (3) year CLS period. The in-country CLS trip duration may range from one (1) to two (2) weeks depending on the customer’s needs. For estimating purposes only assume one (1) trip for two (2) weeks per year. During each trip, and as time and resources permit the contractor will provide refresher training on proper use of the Small Arms Tactical Skills Trainer (if requested by the customer) to include After Action Review (AAR) system, and provide, as the highest priority, sustained maintenance support. CLS will include labor for repair and maintenance of the hardware, using the lay-in of spares ordered.
CLIN 0005 Damaged Hardware Repair and Return or Replacement (NTE Amount 87,000.00) - CLIN 0005 shall be priced as T&M. CLIN 0005 will be FOB Destination with Inspection and Acceptance at Destination. CLIN 0005 will provide for 36 months of coverage for accidental damages and damages caused due to normal wear and tear to commence after the conclusion of NET / Student Demonstration. Coverage under this CLIN shall be inclusive of any export/import license fees (if applicable) and cost of shipping items to/from country.
Contractor shall be responsible for obtaining all import/export licenses (if applicable), customs exception forms etc., in support of this contract.
If your firm is foreign owned, foreign controlled or foreign influenced, your firm will not be considered as a source.
Responses to this RFP should include the following information:
b) Company name, address, point of contacts (at least two), email addresses, business work and mobile phone numbers and the company’s web page, if applicable;
c) identification of business size as it relates to NAICS code 333318, i.e. U.S. large or small business (SB), service disabled veteran business, HUBZone, 8(a) certified business, Woman Owned SB and CAGE Code;
d) Every page of your response must include your company’s name as well as page number (i.e. Name of Company, page # 1 of 15);
e) Format shall be Microsoft Word or Adobe Acrobat Reader. Font size shall not be smaller than 12-point Arial;
f) Statement of Intent to Propose: Interested STOC II businesses are requested to provide an email notification to Ms. Pickett with copy to Mrs. Harris stating their intent to propose by 10 July 2015. The purpose of this notification is to allow adequate preparation for evaluation of proposals. The Government POC will acknowledge response via email.
Submit RFP responses and questions/comments via email by 31 July 2015 4:00 PM EDT to the following e-mail addresses:
firstname.lastname@example.org – (407) 208-3321
email@example.com– (407) 208-3294
firstname.lastname@example.org– (407) 384-3732
- Sections L M - Serbia SATT
- Data Item Transmittal
- Serbia Small Arms Tactical Trainer CDRLs (15 Apr 15)
- Serbia Small Arms Tactical Trainer Requirements Matrix (25 June 2015)
- Serbia Small Arms Tactical Trainer SOW Final (20 March15)
- Serbia Small Arms Tactical Trainer Specification Final (23 March 2015)
- Updated Sections L M - Serbia SATT