- Opportunity Number:
- Contract Vehicle:
- STOC II
- Closing Date:
- Brief Summary:
PROGRAM DESCRIPTION: The Program Executive Office for Simulation, Training and Instrumentation (PEO STRI) has a lifecycle tech refresh responsibility for Aviation Network Infrastructure associated with the JRTC and Aviation Network Infrastructure supporting the SMART OnBoard Data Interface Module (SMODIM) training devices used during a training rotation. This effort involves the following tasks:
- 1) Tablet Rack-Mounted Relay Unit (RRU) - This task will involve the procurement of hardware and software for a new Tablet Rack-Mounted Relay Unit (RRU) at the Intermediate Staging Base located at the Alexandria Airport. The requirement for the new RRU encompasses: the installation of the new RRU along with associated hardware (new antenna, cabling, and telemetry bracket), reload the RRU software, perform acceptance testing, provide updated drawings and manuals, and the procurement of spares.
- 2) Observer-Controller-Trainer (OCT) Aviation Tablets - This task will involve the upgrade/replacement of the six (6) OCT Aviation Tablets along with the procurement of associated spares, installing and testing the updated SMODIM Tracking, Analysis & Recording (SMOTAR) software, updating the existing tablets boxes to operate with the new tablets, and ensuring that the tablets and software are Information Assurance (IA) compliant with Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- 3) Aviation infrastructure towers at JRTC - This task will involve the study/analysis of the aviation network infrastructure at Mills Creek tower, Cemetery 13 Tower, Peason-East Tower, Peason-West Tower and South Tower and report of findings.
- 4) SMOTAR Laptops - This task will involve the upgrade/replacement of the three (3) SMOTAR Laptops along with the procurement of associated spares, installing and testing the updated SMOTAR software, and ensuring that the laptops and software are Information Assurance (IA) compliant with Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- 5) SMODIM Message Network Simulator - This task will involve the procurement of the simulator to support the JRTC Instrumentation System software maintained and supported by PEO STRI.
ACQUISITION APPROACH: The Government intends to award a Delivery Order under PEO STRI Omnibus Contract (STOC II), W900KK-09-D-0410 to Inter-Coastal Electronics, Inc., 5750 East McKellips Road, Building 100, Mesa, AZ 85215. This Delivery Order for the installation a new RRU at the JRTC Intermediate Staging Base, the study of the aviation infrastructure of the JRTC Towers, the lifecycle replacement of the OCT Aviation Tablets, the lifecycle replacement of the SMOTAR Laptops, and the procurement of the SMODIM Message Network Simulator will be issued on a sole source basis in accordance with (IAW) FAR 16.505(b)(2)(i)(B), "Only one awardee is capable of providing the supplies or services required at the level of quality required because the supplies or services ordered are unique or highly specialized." The technical data packages necessary for this effort are ICE proprietary and are not available. The Government anticipates a Firm-Fixed Price (FFP) delivery order for this effort. Final delivery is estimated to be 6 months after award. Inter-Coastal Electronics, Inc has the technical expertise and knowledge of the hardware/software configurations to provide the necessary lifecycle replacement of the aviation network infrastructure associated with the JRTC Instrumentation System (JRTC-IS).
ESTIMATED DELIVERY: Approximately six months after award.
ESTIMATED DOLLAR VALUE: Approximately $900,000
NOTICE: This notice is being provided to verify that no other sources can meet this requirement given the proprietary nature of the associated technical data and the time required to meet the current need for this effort. In addition, these efforts require integration and interoperability with the existing Aviation Network Infrastructure (which is proprietary) and JRTC-IS. Interested sources shall submit a capabilities statement (no more than 10 pages) by the closing date of this notice to the POCs listed below. Responses shall contain company name, URL, point of contact (email address and telephone number), cage code, business size under STOC, whether the company is a manufacturer or distributor and shall provide a description of the source's ability to meet the lifecycle replacement requirement. STOC II contractors are advised that a determination by the Government not to compete this effort based on any responses to this notice is solely within the discretion of the Government IAW FAR Part 16.
DISCLAIMER: This notice does not constitute an invitation for bids or a Request for Proposal (RFP) and is not a commitment by the U.S. Government to procure subject products. No funds are available to pay for preparation of responses to this notification. The Government will use any information received by the closing date of this notice to determine whether other sources are available and capable to satisfy this requirement.
- Contracts POC:
Mr. Steven Gataletto
- Technical POC:
Ms. Randi Kahl