- Opportunity Number:
- STOC II-14-KOP-0016
- Contract Vehicle:
- Closing Date:
- Brief Summary:
Amendment 1: 23 October 2014
This notification is supreseded by FedBizOps Sources Sought Notification W900KK-15-IEWTPT posted on 23 October 2014. All interested parties must respond to the FedBizOps notification even if they have previously responded to this STOC II-14-KOP-16 Sources Sought Notification.
The U.S. Army Program Executive Office for Simulation, Training and Instrumentation (PEO STRI) is seeking capability information from industry for consideration during development of an acquisition strategy to obtain/ validate necessary data required to continue the Intelligence and Electronic Warfare Tactical Proficiency Trainer (IEWTPT) analysis, design, development, integration, testing, security accreditation, fielding, installation, modifications, system support, training support, and sustainment for the Product Manager Warrior Training Integration Office (PdM WTI), a member of Project Manager Constructive Simulation (PM ConSIM).
The IEWTPT program is a Non-system Training Aids, Device, Simulators and Simulations (TADSS) Program of Record (POR) that enables proficiency training for Military Intelligence Occupational Specialties, including but not limited to, collectors and analysts to exploit intelligence data in training events, just as they would in “real world" operations and supports the US Army Military Intelligence (MI) Training Strategy. IEWTPT fills a military intelligence (MI) specific war fighting function training gap at Home-station, Combat Training Centers (CTC’s), and Reserve and National Guard locations supporting sustainment of critical individual, collective, and crew tasks/ skills. It is the key simulation enabler for MI personnel training currently supporting All Source, Human Intelligence (HUMINT), Signal Intelligence (SIGINT), and Geographical (GEOINT) and potentially Measurement and Signatures Intelligence (MASINT), Open Source Intelligence (OSINT), and Cyber Intelligence. IEWTPT trains/ supports collection, processing, exploitation, dissemination (PED) / cross-queuing of multi-discipline intelligence data supporting mission command and mission execution training events. IEWTPT provides War fighting Commanders at all echelons the ability to train the Intelligence War fighting Function (IWF) based on accurately portraying the operational environment by simulating the necessary attributes of that environment and stimulating MI war fighting equipment where system operators and analysts are able to conduct their tasks and synchronize their Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) assets (in a training environment) to exploit training events intelligence data and provide the commander with required, timely, accurate, and executable intelligence information and products.
IEWTPT has three (3) primary components: Technical Control Cell (TCC) [SECRET to TS/SCI operations], Human Intelligence (HUMINT) Control Cell (HCC) [UNCLASS to SECRET operations], and Simulation Interfaces [aka. Target Signature Arrays (TSA’s)].
IEWTPT operates in conjunction with a number of complementary systems to include but not limited to: DCGS-A, TiGR, CPOF, CHARCS, TGS, PROPHET, etc.
This effort is for continued analysis, design, development, integration, testing, security accreditation, fielding, installation, modifications, system support, training support, and sustainment of the IEWTPT capability - including associated simulation interfaces - and the Human Intelligence (HUMINT) Control Cell (HCC) component of IEWTPT. The current Technical Control Cell (TCC) is a processor “server stack” that creates a robust, realistic relevant target environment for high-fidelity training on Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) systems supporting the intelligence disciplines: All Source, Signals Intelligence (SIGINT), which includes Communications Intelligence (COMINT) and Electronics Intelligence (ELINT); Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT); Counterintelligence/Human Intelligence (CI/HUMINT); and Open Source Intelligence (OSINT). IEWTPT supports intelligence sustainment training in all disciplines by leveraging the Live, Virtual, Constructive – Gaming training environments capabilities and generating and providing simulation-based sensor data feeds indistinguishable from “real world” systems. IEWTPT is expected to transition to a cloud-based solution in the near future. The TCC has three (3) enclaves: the Lower Enclave (LE) (SECRET collateral), the Cross Domain Solution (CDS) (a.k.a Data Diode), and the Upper Enclave (UE) (Top SECRET (TS)/Sensitive Compartmentalized Information (SCI). In addition to realistic simulation enhancements, it provides exercise control and support tools, scenario development capabilities, and AAR functions. The TCC has the capability to distribute the exercise simulations/ stimulation information to remote training locations via secure Army networks. The current HCC is an interactive, avatar based simulator created for HUMINT Soldiers and used by multiple Army disciplines to sustain tactical questioning skills. The soldier can run through any of the multiple scenarios available, questioning virtual humans in free flowing (non-scripted), realistic virtual environment in an attempt to extract mission-essential information. The planning has begun for a cloud-based HCC capability. The IEWTPT (in standard or tailored configuration) system is fielded to 27 CONUS and 6 OCONUS locations.
The Government anticipates an award in 3QFY16. The Government will make the award on a Best Value/Trade Off basis. The Government anticipates a combination of Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF) and Firm Fixed Price (FFP) Contract Line Items (CLINS). The delivery schedule will consist of a two (2) year base plus potentially three (3) (or more) one-year options. The Government anticipates an Industry Day to occur during the Draft Request for Proposal (RFP) phase.
ESTIMATED DOLLAR VALUE: $75M
1. Contractors responding to this notice should satisfy the requirements identified below:
a. In performing this contract, the Contractor will have the requirement to receive process, store, manage, and generate classified material from SECRET up to TS/SCI. The contractor shall provide a contractor owned/managed Sensitive Compartmentalized Information Facility (SCIF) within ten (10) miles of PEO STRI at contract award. The Contractor, upon request, shall be required to provide custodial services for any data (Secret through TS/SCI) that is delivered to the Government program office or delivered over Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communication System (JWICS) as per delivery requirements associated with said data.
b. Contractor is required to have sufficient technical and managerial personnel with active Top Secret/Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) clearances to execute the program at contract award. These personnel must have, at a minimum, SI, TK, G, HCS and NATO compartmented access caveats.
c. Contractor is required to have proven experience with and expertise in current Information Security Accreditation, including all DoD, Army, and Director of Intelligence guidance, processes, and procedures (e.g. DIACAP, DCID 6/3), and knowledge of future accreditation processes (e.g. Risk Management Framework (RMF), and Intelligence Community Directive 503).
d. Contractor is required to have Subject Matter Expertise in the following areas: Signal Intelligence (SIGINT), Electronic Intelligence (ELINT), Communications Intelligence (COMINT), Human Intelligence (HUMINT), Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT), Imagery Intelligence (IMINT), Counter Intelligence (CI), Measurement and Signature Intelligence (MASINT), Open Source Intelligence (OSINT), and All Source Intelligence.
e. Contractor is required to have proven experience with and expertise in complementary to IEWTPT MI systems/programs, to include but not limited to: PROPHET, Enhanced Medium- Altitude Reconnaissance and Surveillance System (EMARSS), Guard Rail/Common Sensor (GR/CS), Airborne Reconnaissance – Low (ARL), Tactical Ground Station (TGS), CI and HUMINT Automated Reporting Collection System (CHARCS), Tactical Intel Ground Reporting (TiGR), and Distributed Common Ground System – Army (DCGS-A), and Army simulation programs, to include but not limited to: Joint Land Component Constructive Training Capability (JLCCTC), Live Virtual & Constructive – Integrated Architecture (LVC-IA), and Mission Command systems such as Command Post Of The Future (CPOF).
f. Contractor is required to demonstrate knowledge of National Security Agency (NSA) SIGINT operational tools and their current and evolving training requirements for use in military intelligence operations.
2. Describe any applicable, relevant, recent knowledge of and experience with Military Intelligence and Military Intelligence Training Programs, including expertise in planning, conducting, and supporting intelligence field training events..
3. Describe knowledge of and expertise in Earned Value Management.
4. Provide examples of commercial products, processes, and best commercial practices that may be applied to reduce engineering development cost and operational support.
INFORMATION SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS:
All capability statement sent in response to this Source Sought Notice (SSN) must be submitted electronically (via email) to the Contracts Specialist identified below.
Response shall include documentation of technical expertise and capability in sufficient detail for the Government to determine that your company possesses the necessary functional area expertise and experience to compete for this acquisition.
It is imperative that business concerns responding to this Sources Sought Notice articulate their capabilities clearly and adequately.
- Only email submission will be accepted.
- Use MSOffice 97-2003 compatible (.xls, .doc or .ppt) or Adobe Acrobat 9 Pro (.pdf) formats.
- Classified material will not be accepted.
- Material samples will not be accepted.
- Information papers may be submitted in a White Paper Format and will count towards the total number of pages allowed.
- The cover sheet shall include the following company information: name, address, and URL, POC and email address, System for Award Management (SAM) number, Commercial Government Entity (CAGE) code number and Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) Number, and business type and size.
- Limit responses to 10 pages, excluding graphs/charts, or pictures but no more than 30 pages MAXIMUM.
- Minimum acceptable font size is 12 Times Roman.
- All documents should be typed in single space, single sided pages.
- Identify which STOC Lot (I or II) you are performing under.
- Interested Large Business Prime Contractors: Identify what portion of the requirements you would satisfy in house and what portion and capabilities/components could be subcontracted to small businesses.
- Interested Small Business Prime Contractors: Please describe how you plan to meet the limitations on subcontracting per FAR 52.219-14, Limitations on Subcontracting and how teaming to meet the overall requirements would be accomplished.
- Small Business interested in Subcontracting: Please be specific in identifying capabilities that support the areas you are interested in.
- Contractors shall indicate if they are a large or small business based on NAICS Code. If small, please indicate any applicable socio-economic status such as: Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB), Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), 8(a), HUB Zone, etc.
- All responses must be received by the specified due date and time in order to participate.
- The deadline for submitting capability statements is 1:00 P.M. Eastern Standard Time (EST) 29 September 2014. All email responses shall be sent to: email@example.com.
No proprietary, classified, confidential, or sensitive information should be included in your response. The Government reserves the right to use any non-proprietary information in any resultant solicitation(s).
• Responders are advised that the U.S. Government will not reimburse any contractor for any information or administrative costs incurred in the response to this notification: all costs associated with responding to this notification will be borne solely by the interested party.
• Not responding to this notification does not preclude participation in any future RFP or other solicitation, if any is issued.
• This is a market survey, not a pre-solicitation notice. This request for information is for Market Research purposes only and is being used as an instrument to identify potential business sources that can provide the capabilities described herein.
• The information provided in this notice is subject to change and is not binding on the Government.
• This notice does not constitute an Invitation for Bid (IFB) or a Request for Proposal (RFP) and is not a commitment by the U.S. Government to procure subject products and/or services.
• The Government does not intend to award a contract on the basis of this notice or reimburse the costs incurred by potential offerors in providing the information requested herein.
• Feedback and/or evaluation information will not be provided to any firm regarding their individual capability statements.
• There is no formal solicitation available at this time.
• No award will be made as a result of this market survey.
• If a formal solicitation is generated at a later date, a solicitation notice will be published. All product information and samples if submitted shall be at no cost or obligation to the Government.
NAICS Code Description: 333318
Contracts Point of Contact:
Contracts Specialist: Aurora Ramirez, Phone: (407) 208-3495,
PCO: Raymond J. Fegal, Jr., Phone: (407) 208-5044
Technical Point of Contract:
Technical: Ricardo Jimenez, Phone: (407) 384-3859
- Contracts POC:
- Technical POC: