- Opportunity Number:
- STOC II-15-OPA-0008
- Contract Vehicle:
- Closing Date:
- Brief Summary:
*UPDATE* Closing Date Extended to August 24, 2015
The closing date to the below Sources Sought has been extended to allow for additional responses in an effort to assist the Government with market research andacquisition planning.
POC: Jason Holden, Contract Specialist, firstname.lastname@example.org
The U.S. Army Program Executive Office for Simulation, Training, and Instrumentation (PEO STRI), Project Manager for Training Devices (PM TRADE) is conducting market research for the procurement/replacement of Mobile Productions Centers (MPCs) for the Joint Readiness Training Center (JRTC) at Fort Polk, LA as an order under PEO STRI’s Omnibus Contract (STOC II). A MPC is comprised of a Mobile After Action Review (MAAR) Theater, Mobile Production Unit (MPU) and a trailer-mounted electrical power generator and microwave set (Power and Antenna Trailer (PAT)).
The current MPC provides:
- All preparation, presentation, recording and printing functions as performed in the same manner as they are in the fixed After Action Review (AAR) theaters at JRTC.
- Transmission of data, audio and video information between the Core Instrumentation System (CIS) and MPU via both fiber optic cable and microwave radio system.
- Full mobility to AAR sites throughout the JRTC Instrumentation System maneuver area.
The requirements for the effort:
The MPU provides an edit station with all associated audio, video, and digital control/interface equipment to support the creation and presentation of an AAR and the recording of the AAR. The MAAR will provide seating for 30 personnel and associated presentation/recording equipment. The trailer mounted generator will provide all electrical power required for the MPU and MAAR and microwave capability. Each system will be completely self-sufficient with integral lighting, electrical power distribution, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning. The MPCs will have various methods of communicating to the CIS located in Building 1560 such as the use of the eight fiber-optic access sites, the Forward Operation Bases (FOBs) that have fiber, and microwave capability to the tower sites.
Additionally, the effort will include (as an option) the procurement of Mobile Video Units (MVUs). MVUs will provide the capability to record both audio and video of the field exercises and field AARs in a stand-alone environment. The MVU will then provide the capability to transmit those recordings real-time via microwave or fiber optic links to the CIS where it is recorded and displayed in the Combat Training Center Information System (CTC-IS) Training and Analysis Facilities (TAFs) and over the Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) system. A mounted generator will provide all electrical power required for the MVU and microwave capability. The system will be completely self-sufficient with integral lighting, electrical power distribution, heating, ventilation, and air conditioning.
The systems (shelters and equipment) must be transportable over paved roads, cross country (unpaved road/land) and on U.S. highways without special permits.
This effort will also include:
- Performance of all activities to integrate, assemble and test the hardware and software to achieve a fully functional system, with all support systems.
- Preparation of test plans and the conduct of Government-witnessed test to verify correct functionality and compatibility of both hardware and software.
- Preparation of Logistics Management Information for the solution provided and to update existing technical documentation or prepare new documentation as appropriate.
- Preparation of New Equipment Training (NET) documentation for delivery to the Government and the conduct of a NET at the JRTC.
- Conduct meetings and reviews to discuss the status of the program, issues, and schedule; to discuss technical requirements and issues and Test Readiness Reviews (TRRs) before any testing is executed.
- Sustainment and support for the new system as it transitions to the WarFighter Field Operations Customer Support (FOCUS) contract.
At this time, the Government will provide the vehicles for the MPCs and MVUs as Government Furnished Equipment.
A draft Performance Work Statement is attached. At this time, the Government requests industry input, recommendations, and questions regarding the attached PWS. (Attachment 1)
A drawing package of the existing system(s) is currently available on the LT2 Portal. Instructions concerning access to the LT2 Portal are contained in Attachment 2.
The Government is looking to procure two (2) sets of MPCs and eight (8) MVUs.
Acquisition Strategy Planning Information (DRAFT):
Contract Vehicle: STOC II
Contract Type: Firm Fixed Price
Acquisition Timeline Estimate:
RFP – 1st Quarter FY2016
Contract Award – 2nd Quarter FY2016
RESPONSES REQUESTED: Contractors electing to respond should contact, Jason Holden Contract Specialist by electronic mail at Jason.N.Holden.email@example.com not later than 4:00 PM EDT,
July 27, 2015August 24, 2015indicating their capabilities. Contractors shall submit a capability statement that provides the information requested below. Capability statements shall not exceed six (6) pages not including cover sheet. In addition, contractors are encouraged to submit marketing brochures or pamphlets along with their capability statement not counted as part of the six (6) pages. Also the answers to questions 5-8 below are not included in the capability statement six (6) pages.
1) Contractors shall describe their experience of the following areas:
- Experience with design and production of similar type systems
- Preparation of technical data package (drawings and manuals)
- Experience with Joint Readiness Training Center Mission and training schedule
- Provide a Rough Order of Magnitude for:
- 2 Mobile After Action Review Theaters
- 2 Mobile Production Units
- 2 Generators and Microwave Systems
- 8 Mobile Video Units
2) All responses to this notice should include the following: Company Name, Point of Contact, Address, Telephone and Fax Numbers, Email Address, DUNS number, CAGE code, NAICS Code and Small Business Size Status with any applicable socio-economic status such as Small Disadvantaged Business (SDB), Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB), 8(a), etc.). Small businesses are asked to indicate interest in participating as the prime contractor or as a subcontractor.
3) Respondents are reminded to properly mark any proprietary information.
4) PEO STRI requests information regarding potential program risks, the identification of cost drivers, and any other information that may be relevant to facilitate development of an appropriate acquisition strategy.
The Government is also interested in the following questions and answers are limited to three (3) pages:
5) Identify your Business Size Standard and, if applicable, socio-economic categories in accordance with NAICS 333318.
6) Interested Large Business Prime Contractors: Identify what portion of the requirements you would satisfy in house and what portion and capabilities/components could be subcontracted to small businesses.
7) Interested Small Business Prime Contractors: Identify what portion of the requirements you would satisfy in house and what portion and capabilities/components would be subcontracted. Please describe how teaming to meet the overall requirements (if required) would be accomplished.
8) Small Businesses interested in Subcontracting: Please be specific in identifying capabilities that support the areas you are interested in.DISCLAIMER: THIS SOURCES SOUGHT NOTICE (SSN) is for Market Research purposes only and is being used as an instrument to identify potential sources that can provide the capabilities described within this notice. The information provided in this notice is subject to change and is not binding on the Government. This notice does not constitute an invitation for bids or a Request for Proposal (RFP) and is not a commitment by the U.S. Government to procure subject products. No funds are available to pay for preparation of responses to this notification. The Government will use the information received to determine its acquisition strategy. Additionally, all submissions become government property and will not be returned. No basis for a claim against the Government shall arise as a result from a response to this SSN.
- Contracts POC:
- Technical POC: