The institutional Stinger Improved Moving Target Simulator (IMTS) primarily supports MOS 14S and also trains MOS 11B and 19D. The IMTS provides operator task training at Fort Sill, Oklahoma and Grand Forks, North Dakota. These systems also provide critical training for dismounted crews supporting the Short Range Air Defense (SHORAD) Stryker mission.
The Improved Moving Target Simulator (IMTS) upgrade effort incorporates the latest technology to train the Stinger team using the techniques and skills required for successful operation of the Stinger Man Portable Air Defense System (MANPADS). The IMTS trains up to two Stinger teams simultaneously, to identify, acquire and track airborne targets and launch missiles to defeat enemy air threats.
- PEO Missiles and Space (PEO MS)
- Cruise Missile Defense Systems (CMDS) Project Office
- Product Director Stinger Based Systems/Initial Maneuver SHORAD
- Army Capability Manager (ACM) Field Artillery Brigade-Division
- Army National Guard Bureau
Foreign Military Sales